What you need to know!
Headaches can appear in different forms. One minute you can feel good, the next minute pain takes over your head. But what can cause a headache? How can it be avoided? What can you do to relieve a headache when it starts? You will find everything you need to know right here:
What is a headache?
A headache is usually caused by dilated arteries and blood vessels in the brain. There are different types of headaches, the most common of which are:
- mild and severe pain
What causes them?
Many factors can affect headaches.
Some of the more common factors that cause headaches include:
- Acute sinusitis
- Changes in the weather
- Depression and anxiety
- Menstrual periods
- Dental problems
How can we help you prevent headaches?
First of all you need to find out what is causing the personal pain in your head. To do this, you can start a daily headache diary. Take it with you wherever you go and write down the things you do, the people you meet, what you drink or eat, and what time of day your headache develops.
After that you may be able to identify the possible causes of the pain in your head. Once you know the trigger, you should take steps to avoid it. Some other ways to help prevent headaches are:
- Using breathing and relaxation techniques if you are feeling relaxed
- Keep your body in shape by exercising 3 times a week
- Making sure you get 8 hours of sleep a night
- Eating regular food and getting plenty of fresh air if you are working
- on a computer all day
- Avoiding excessive alcohol or smoking
- Drink plenty of fluids
Is your headache just a headache?
Most headaches may not be serious.
If your pains have appeared as a result of the following indications, then you should consult a doctor:
- As a result of a blow to the head
- From the problems seen or heard
- Accompanied by fever, memory problems, loss of consciousness, stiff neck, feeling sleepy, vomiting or a rash
- Sudden and severe
For more information and for all health issues please contact your doctor.